Certified Personal Trainer Wanted
Are you looking for a job where you can help make a difference in women’s lives every single day? If you have enthusiasm, a amazingly positive attitude and a personal training experience, I have a $20/hour fun, fulfilling personal training position just for you!
My name is Lynn Valaes and I run a women’s fitness and exercise facility called Wise Women Fitness
and we are located in South Tampa, Florida. My studio offers a safe, casual and fun environment just for women.
My business is dedicated to helping women achieve their health and fitness goals through customized fitness programs, nutritional guidance and personal coaching and I'm looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic female trainer to start working with current clients and new clients.
I currently offer customized fitness programs and nutrition counseling, which educate, motivate, and support women so they can improve their health and fitness to be the very best they can be. All clients begin with an initial 12-week fitness training program which includes nutrition counseling, exercise program design, monthly fitness assessments and weekly training sessions here in the studio.
If you are hired for this training position, you'll be training clients in the studio 2-3 days a week. Some clients may train early morning hours, others will train anywhere from 3pm to 7pm. Bottom line: we will give you as many clients as available per week at $20 per hour. I'm very fair, respectful, and appreciative. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly, and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who loves working with women and who really wants to make a difference in the lives of others…because that’s what we do in my studio.
- Develop comprehensive health and fitness programs for clients. You’ll receive info on our fitness programs, but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge based on your client’s goals and physical abilities.
- Tracking client progress. To ensure a client's success in our programs, you MUST track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets, and more. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform fitness evaluations. As an experienced trainer, you will have prior assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests.
- Coach clients through 12-week program. You'll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges throughout her program, you'll coach and motivate them, and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction. This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, exercise technique, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You must be able to provide appropriate exercises for a client’s goals. Client safety is paramount!
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education. Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness trainer to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives forever. Occasionally, you will be provided with educational tools and resource and it is expected that you study them, and speak about them with your clients.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Good communication skills. You will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I can teach your our training process, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality. You must LOVE working with women! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is a unique studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and fitness education. You must have a current personal training certification issued by a nationally accredited certifying body, be up-to-date on your CEs and have a current CPR/AED certification.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory).
How to Apply
- More than 5 years of personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Nutrition certification
- Kinesiology or exercise science degree
I’m looking to hire the right person relatively quickly. If this position sounds like it is the perfect fit for you, then complete the web form at www.indeed.com
and if you match our qualification requirements, we’ll contact you by phone.
Again, thanks very much for your interest!
Lynn Valaes, Owner